Pages

Saturday, March 15, 2014

"Farmer's Market Adventure" & I'm Back!

It's been 3 1/2 years yall! I'm in the process of updating all my pages but for now I will just jump back into things! So much has happened! I will give you a quick rundown...

1.) I am in the process of changing things up a bit on The Veggie Side! If you were around when I first started this blog, I wanted it to to be a personal journal of my life and memories that I could revisit & share.  At that time I was having some medical issues, doing serious research on food related illness & in school for natural medicine/nutrition.  I began trying different restrictive diets, which led to my becoming Vegan. People began to as me so many questions that I started to give them my blog name and tell them they could read everything there.  So, what began as a personal blog for myself, turned into a food blog. I changed the name from "Life Everyday" to "The Veggie Side".

That being said... now that I am no longer sick or feeling bad, this won't be just a foodie blog...it will go back to being a life journal for me and my family (with a lot of food posts too!) (So I guess I will kinda still be a food blog...)

2.) We moved & are in the early process of building a new home. We live with family which is great and all but I WANT MY OWN KITCHEN!!! I am going to start on our garden soon and will be posting each step along the way.

3.) I am currently on a Fully Raw, Low Fat Vegan Diet.  No particular reason other than it seems to be the most extreme, healthiest, most healing diet out there & I was curious.  I tried a raw diet years ago but it wasn't low fat and I definitely didn't eat enough calories.   
              My sister joined me on this new diet adventure and is doing better than I am at the moment! I will post pics of our amazing farmer's market adventure today!
  
4.) We have a SON!  We adopted our newest little angel in November! He came to us through the foster system & is such a huge blessing in our lives.

__________________________________________________________


Let's move on to my "Farmer's Market Adventure"!
 
              It's Me! Enjoying the rain!
 
                                                 
  Fresh Watermelon Juice...We couldn't resist!
 
 
 My sister!
 
 
 
              Good Food! We found this Raw food vender & Man were we impressed! This wrap tasted just like a burrito! Guess who will be going back for more.
 
 
 
 
Raw Cauliflower Coleslaw...Yum! 

 
 
_________________________________________________________

That's all for today! I'm so excited to be back again!
 
 
 
Have You ever tried a Low fat Raw Vegan diet?
 
Do you have a Farmer's Market in Your area?
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment