Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

"The cat was almost out of the bag!"

It happened while I was having a private "photo shoot" with my salad in the break room. I saw something move in the corner of my eye. My attempt to step in front of the salad, block it from view, and play it off like I was texting was useless. They were on to me, questions burning in their eyes. What did I do? I grabbed the salad, sat in a chair, and started shoveling forkfuls of yummy greenness into my mouth. I felt like I was in a twix commercial! "Need a Moment?"
One lady asked, "Did you just take a picture of your food?" Just then, our receptionist announced that my next client was there. I nodded a "yes" to the questioning co-worker and almost ran out mumbling, "Ill tell you about it later".


I haven't given any explanation yet, but I'm guessing they're not all that surprised. I'm already known for my strange eating habits at work so adding another strange thing to the mix shouldn't be that big of a deal. Maybe I'll just bake some vegan "chocolicious" chip cookies and bring them to work to share with the "food detectives". That should hold them off! (for awhile)



Here's a picture of the Salad in Question. (That huge thing in the middle is a giant whole wheat cracker with hummus on top.)




Why do I feel the need to hide my happy hobby? I mean, people have all kinds of hobbies, right! For me, I think it's self consciousness. I don't want to make people feel like they are eating "bad". Don't get me wrong, when someone asks me a serious question about diet and nutrition, I give them my honest opinion. But when I sit down next to a friend who's plate is loaded with meat and fried stuff, and all I have on my plate is a seaweed salad, I'll admit, it can be a little awkward.
Eventually, all my secrets will be found out...for now, I'll continue to have my "Food Affair".

No comments:

Post a Comment