Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year Detox & "Shout Outs"

Happy New Year everybody!



Sorry for the absence. I've had a rough time the last few weeks. Some of my old symptoms have been back (abdominal pain, inflammation) and I haven't been sleeping very well (maybe three hours a night if I'm lucky!). Even though I'm still on my Vegan Diet, I feel like I've been slacking over the Holidays when it comes to making sure I'm getting enough raw foods. I'm also thinking about going Gluten Free again. It seems like I felt better without the yeast. SO, that brings me to the next subject...Fasting.



Every January, my family and church start a fast. There's no specific length or diet for this, it's just personal preference. While my number one reason for fasting is my Faith, I also fast for health. Last year, I did a Candida Cleanse (& felt great afterwards). This year I'm doing a Juice Detox. I've done a lot of research to make sure I do it safely (so no worries). The only problem I'm having is deciding on the length of detox. I've read that a shorter fast relieves symptoms while an extended fast actually heals the body. (And this body definitely need some healing!) So, I'll take it one day at a time.



"Shout Outs"



Since I won't be doing any cooking, I'll be giving some Shout Outs to some of my "Favorites". My first Shout Out goes to...







One of my favorite Mags. I linked their site so you can check them out. They have great Vegan recipes, news, and products.


Is anyone else fasting, detoxing, or going maybe going Vegan for the first time? Anyone else love VegNews? I'll be trying some of there recipes once I'm off the fast. Can't wait!


I'll be posting more Shout Outs so keep checking in. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment