Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Sweet Potato Flash Back

These photos are from an old post but this is one of my Favorite Snacks! And super easy!





Just slice a couple sweet potatoes, drizzle on some olive oil, and bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes. So good!



I'm still going strong on the fast/detox. Not as hungry as I thought I would be. A little weak, but I expected that for the first few days.
Today's "Shout Out" goes to Animal Lovers All Over the World!

Lookie what I found...


Yes, I found her and three other puppies in a box in the parking lot when I was leaving work last week. They were cold and starving! I could NOT leave them or trust our local shelter not to put them down. So, I took them all home with me, bought them all food, a new box, a blanket, and clothes (yes I bought 4 dogie shirts. :-) I gave them baths and took all four to work with me on New Years Eve to try and find them homes. Kya came to help since I was off that day. We found homes for three of them. I wanted to find one for the fourth but Kya was heartbroken over the other puppies and my husband said he would NOT take that puppy from her. So, we have a new member of the family. She is the sweetest thing ever! I think she is maybe 6 weeks old. Kya named her Sophie...it's the perfect name.


Our other "Baby", Molly, seems to like her too.

Anyone else have a soft spot for animals? (I'm known for stopping in the street to move turtles out the way.)
I'll make a note to try some new Sweet Potato Chip recipes. Maybe use some seasoning next time. Yum...Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment