Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

LOTS-A-FOOD!!!

All with MISO!!!




I love this stuff! I've heard that it's an acquired taste...Well, I've acquired! In fact, I like it so much I decided to make my own recipe...but first...

"Barley with Broccoli, spinach & Homemade Miso Mayo"


1 tbsp EVOO
2 cups cooked barley (I used 2 cups dry barley and 5 cups of water. It made way too much so I put it in a container for later.)
2 cups broccoli (cut)
2 cups fresh spinach (chopped)
1 small yellow onion (sliced)
Homemade Miso Mayo (3 tablespoons, or to taste) (recipe below)
Sea Salt & Pepper (to taste)
Heat olive oil and cook onions till tender (10 min). Add broccoli, salt & pepper. Cook till broccoli is tender (about 8 min). Add cooked barley, spinach, & miso mayo. Stir and cook till well heated. Enjoy!
(I may have added a scoop of Earth Balance Butter to my bowl & it may have been DELICIOUS!!!)

"Homemade Miso Mayo"
(in Kya's play casserole dish)

2 tbsp white miso
1/2 tsp cider vinegar
1 tsp oil (I used olive bc its all I had)
1/2 tsp Tarmari
2 tbsp water
Put all ingredients together and stir till smooth.
Here's the White Miso in person!



This is the Miso Mayo I normally use. It's in the rest of the recipes below...


"Buckwheat Veggie Stir fry"

This is one of my fave meals to make. So tasty and easy!

1/2 package Buckwheat Pasta (not sure exactly how much this is, Maybe 2 cups cooked?.... Sometimes I use a whole pack if I want leftovers.)
1 bag frozen, Organic mixed veggies
4 tsp water
1/2 cup Miso Mayo
Put veggies and water in pan. Heat on medium till defrosted and heated through (or till tender if using fresh veggies, which is always best!) Add pasta and Mayo. (I could eat miso plain so you may want to just add a little at a time to your liking.) Stir till hot.
Note: If you let the pasta sit in the pan and cook a few mins before stirring, it gets a kinda "fried, crispy texture" SO GOOD!!!
"Miso Grilled Cheese & Tomato"

This one's simple!
4 slices bread (I use Ezekiel)
Miso Mayo (abt 2 tbsp)
1/4 cup Shredded Daiya "Cheddar Cheese" (This stuff ROCKS!!!)
4 slices tomato
Earth Balance Butter
Put mayo, cheese & tomato on bread. Heat butter in pan and I'm sure you know how to make a Grilled Cheese Sandwich...Right?
Yummmm. Yummmm.
Hope you enjoyed your weekend! Did anyone do anything extra special? Apparently, I spent mine making miso dishes. And running! So far I'm enjoying it SO much! We shall see...
Have you tried Miso Mayo? What about just plain Miso? I'd love to hear some new ideas.

7 comments:

  1. I've never heard of miso mayo before but it sounds really good! I love the flavour of miso :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Oh Oh that miso grilled cheez sandwich looks awesome and I HAVE some daiya right now - I might need to try it :) I've looked at that Miso Mayo at WF a few times, but never tried it - so it's good? I love miso! Thanks for all the ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Miso mayo is Delish Brandy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had miso! Apparently I've been missing out! :)

    P.S. I've given you an award! http://tasteforhealthy.blogspot.com/2011/01/thank-you-for-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, that looks delicious! I went to a parade this weekend, it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you were busy! I did a miso soup challenge once, I ate a bowl of miso soup before dinner to see if it would help keep my appetite in check and it worked! I got a little sick of it eating it every night but I think it is a great, healthy, light snack! Never tried miso mayo though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is miso? How have I never heard of this? I need a mayo replacement... hmmm... must go look. I'm following you now, you have a very cute and informative blog. Good job!

    ReplyDelete