Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Hello...Brownie Bites with Cream "Cheese" Topping (& more)


Good stuff...GOOD stuff!

Ingredients


The brownie bite
1/3 cup apple sauce
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup granulated sugar (sucanat, organic, your choice.)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup all all purpose G-free flour (or flour of choice)
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup cacao powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt

In large bowl, mix apple sauce, oil, sugar, & vanilla. Add all other ingredients a little at a time till well mixed. Should be a soft cookie dough(ish) consistency. Place to the side.

Cream "Cheese" Topping
4 oz Vegan Cream "Cheese" (half package)
1/4 cup Agave
1/4 cup sucanat or other granulated sugar
3 tbsp flour (G-free or of choice)
1/2 cup Vegan Chocolate Chips

Mix Cream "Cheese" and agave till smooth. Add sugar, flour, & chocolate chips. Stir till well mixed. Divide mixture in half.

Mix one half (roughly one cup) of Cream "Cheese" topping into Brownie mix. Fill mini cup cake baking trays a little under half full. Spoon topping onto each brownie (enough to cover but leaving a little room for rising). Bake at 325 for 15 mins.





Check out what's hanging out on my couch right now!

Didn't realize it's already time for a new VegNews! Yeah! I picked up the runners mag to get some tips & motivation. Bringing me to the next topic...

I actually registered for "Race for the Cure" Baton Rouge. It'll be my 1st!!! I'm really pumped about this! Really!
As an early birthday present, Philip took me shopping for some running gear.
Running shoes...I picked the black ones. They are so comfortable!

I also got a jogging stroller so I can go run anytime with or without Kya. She loved it & kept yelling "RUN FASTER MAMA!" My new coach. Ha!

I ran over a half mile straight without having to slow it down! I know it's not much but it's a MAJOR deal to me! Since I was so proud of myself, I headed to PJ's for my favorite...a "Chai Velvet Ice with Soy Milk and no Whipped Cream" thank you. I don't have these very often and I don't believe in rewarding good behavior with not so good treats but, well....I did & I enjoyed it, guilt FREE! They are the best and addictive!!!!

Notice the CRaZy look in my eyes...
partly from the run...
and partly from the excitement over my PJ's.

It takes so little to make me happy.



On another note...I wanna take a moment and thank God that I didn't have to use this today!



I did want to sit down to catch my breath (& maybe cry a little) when I couldn't run another 1/2 mile straight, but was scared that someone would call an ambulance. It was a great day!
And now it's time for...More Food!

This was supposed to be Spaghetti Squash with tomato sauce on top. Well the sign at Whole Foods said "Spaghetti Squash" but I'm not so sure. Not an expert here...but I think I may have over did it cause this...

is NOT what it's supposed to look like!!!

So, Instead of Spaghetti Squash, we had stuffed squash. It needed some rice or something to add to it, but overall, wasn't bad at all.

Ingredients

2 tbsp evoo

1 clove garlic minced

oregano, basil, salt, and pepper to taste

1 can tomato paste

1 tbsp agave

1 cup grape tomatoes cut in half's

Parmesan (rice)

Daiya cheese (Mozzarella flavor)

Heat oven to 350. Cut squash in halves (lengthwise). Scoop out seeds and "goo" (I don't know what this is called). Place squash halves on cookie sheet and bake for 30 - 40 min. (Please check on your squash if you don't want mush like we had!)
Heat olive oil in pan. Add garlic, paste, seasonings, and agave. Heat till warmed through (abt 5 min). Add tomatoes. Turn down heat & simmer for 20 min (or till tomatoes are tender).
When squash is tender. Remove from oven and cool. Take a fork and run it around the edges of the squash. This should pull the fibers apart and look like spaghetti. (I wouldn't' know...Yes I'm a little bitter about it.) Put the spaghetti on a serving plate. Pour on sauce. Top with "Parmesan" & Daiya "Cheese". Enjoy!!!
Question of the day...Are you a reader? I love to read! Seriously! I can stay up all night reading a good book. What are your favorite Mags? I love VegNews, Clean Eating, and whatever hobby I'm into at that moment...(Decorating, Running).
Have a great weekend!!!

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE the clean eating magazine! That was what got me started on clean eating for real. I had read the book, but the magazine made verything seem so... accessible. I love the way its laid out and easily referenced.

    Congrats on the running. I teach Zumba and pump classes... I need the external stimulation of other people, I guess, because I've never been able to enjoy running. 1/2 a mile is probably more than I could do and I've been working out regularly for years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think it's great that you teach. I love the Zumba class at my gym and sometimes I need someone to push me!

    Love Cleaning! It has changed so many peoples lives. (including mine...I started eating "clean" before I went Vegan)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the run!
    I love reading, I read anything, but love chick-lit and crime fiction. I have the same issue of Runners magazine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those brownie bites look AMAZING!!

    Congrats on the run! I've always thought about a jogging stroller, but haven't bought one yet!

    I love to read! I read anything I can get my hands on usually! Lots of my reading is spent reading blogs, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am making these brownies right now. I have had the WORST day, and I think these can cure it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm actually preparing spaghetti squash as I type this! Yep, it's in the oven, almost ready to be scooped out. I don't think those were spaghetti squash, Whole Foods was wrong. I have no clue what kind of squash that is, but I know I've seen it before.

    Congrats on signing up for your first Race for the Cure! I've walked it with my best friend for the past two years ( we don't run...!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the congrats everyone! So sweet! I'm actually making another batch of those brownies right now. My co-workers ate all mine!

    ReplyDelete