Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Ugly Cookies & The Best Cake EVER!

I have the best co-workers on the planet!!!

They surprised me with an early Birthday "Cake"! Everyone was acting a little strange, but that's sort of normal, so I had no idea they were gonna stick a candle in a pan of fruit and sing happy b-day to me...What a great idea!
I'm so lucky to have people in my life who support my strange ways and don't whisper that I'm crazy when I'm not in the room.

I don't really know for sure what they're saying since I'm not in the room & probably am a little crazy so...lets get back to the cake.
Can you spot the candle?



This is what we do when we're supposed to be working. Make fruit people!!!



My co-worker (and BFF!) Danelle fixed this plate for me. It took 10 more fruit people to fill me up!

In honer of my B-Day, my hair got a makeover! (If you don't already know, I work in a salon.)
We cut some seriously short layers and touched up my new growth. Goodbye greasy-looking, dark roots!


We had a photo shoot!


Fo real! We took some pictures for the Salon's web page.


That's a princess book I'm holding over my face cause I have no makeup on.



Tonight, we had some old fashioned home cook'n.





They were the cutest potatoes ever! And organic!




Cook a small bag of these little guys till tender. (Use olive oil or vegan butter.) Add green beans, mushrooms, and a large red onion (sliced). Add water as needed to help cook down. Eat up!



This bowl of sticky rice was in my kitchen.




I added a little Miso Mayo and called it a snack!

Now it's time for some ugly...


Long story short...
I was baking & something obviously went wrong...
Black & white effects make it look more serious...
They were still tasty but stuck to the foil so I did what anyone would do...
Pealed them off piece by piece & ate every last one!


Now I'm off to do some time on the elliptical.

I have to be fitted for a bridesmaid dress tomorrow!

This is not good since I spent most of the week curled up in bed watching Netflix & eating Ugly Cookies.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think about my new do? I was tempted to cut it all off! Maybe next time...

Have you ever gone "Extreme" with your hair? Cut it all off? Had a major color change? I love when my clients walk in and say they want something completely different!

Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Yummy!! And yep, I have went from middle of the back long to a short short pixie cut several times, actually. I love short hair:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your food looks amazingggg :) YUMMM!

    I love your blog - it is so cute! I can't wait to keep reading... I just started blogging about 2 months ago - it is extremely addicting :) Take a look at it if you get a chance: http://www.oatsandspice.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the new hair! It's so cute!

    And what a wonderful birthday cake! How creative to use all fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome that your co-workers made you a FRUIT cake!! But, an actual GOOD tasting fruit cake :) My co-workers gave me a large white cake, loaded with refined sugar, just what the RD needs! ha!

    I love your hair and think the highlights and layers look fabulous. I actually just had a nightmare about getting a haircut..how ironic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like my kind of cake! That is so cool that they did that for you. You're hair looks very pretty! Happy Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah I've done extreme ;) It was fun back in college, lol, I've had most every color and started out with waist length (as a teen) to a 1" crop w/bangs... now it's back to long w/long layers and mostly my natural blonde lol.

    YOUR hair is gorgeous! Love it :) AND, speaking of Miso Mayo... I got to make a WholeFoods trip yesterday (ACK FUN!) and was picking up some vegenaise, which sits next to the MisoMayo and I thought of you! Still didn't grab it to try though lol! I have a recipe for a homemade misomayo I'm gonna try first :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Missin your posts - hope all is well! :)

    ReplyDelete