Friday, January 28, 2011

Ugly Cookies & The Best Cake EVER!

I have the best co-workers on the planet!!!

They surprised me with an early Birthday "Cake"! Everyone was acting a little strange, but that's sort of normal, so I had no idea they were gonna stick a candle in a pan of fruit and sing happy b-day to me...What a great idea!
I'm so lucky to have people in my life who support my strange ways and don't whisper that I'm crazy when I'm not in the room.

I don't really know for sure what they're saying since I'm not in the room & probably am a little crazy so...lets get back to the cake.
Can you spot the candle?



This is what we do when we're supposed to be working. Make fruit people!!!



My co-worker (and BFF!) Danelle fixed this plate for me. It took 10 more fruit people to fill me up!

In honer of my B-Day, my hair got a makeover! (If you don't already know, I work in a salon.)
We cut some seriously short layers and touched up my new growth. Goodbye greasy-looking, dark roots!


We had a photo shoot!


Fo real! We took some pictures for the Salon's web page.


That's a princess book I'm holding over my face cause I have no makeup on.



Tonight, we had some old fashioned home cook'n.





They were the cutest potatoes ever! And organic!




Cook a small bag of these little guys till tender. (Use olive oil or vegan butter.) Add green beans, mushrooms, and a large red onion (sliced). Add water as needed to help cook down. Eat up!



This bowl of sticky rice was in my kitchen.




I added a little Miso Mayo and called it a snack!

Now it's time for some ugly...


Long story short...
I was baking & something obviously went wrong...
Black & white effects make it look more serious...
They were still tasty but stuck to the foil so I did what anyone would do...
Pealed them off piece by piece & ate every last one!


Now I'm off to do some time on the elliptical.

I have to be fitted for a bridesmaid dress tomorrow!

This is not good since I spent most of the week curled up in bed watching Netflix & eating Ugly Cookies.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think about my new do? I was tempted to cut it all off! Maybe next time...

Have you ever gone "Extreme" with your hair? Cut it all off? Had a major color change? I love when my clients walk in and say they want something completely different!

Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Yummy!! And yep, I have went from middle of the back long to a short short pixie cut several times, actually. I love short hair:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your food looks amazingggg :) YUMMM!

    I love your blog - it is so cute! I can't wait to keep reading... I just started blogging about 2 months ago - it is extremely addicting :) Take a look at it if you get a chance: http://www.oatsandspice.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the new hair! It's so cute!

    And what a wonderful birthday cake! How creative to use all fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome that your co-workers made you a FRUIT cake!! But, an actual GOOD tasting fruit cake :) My co-workers gave me a large white cake, loaded with refined sugar, just what the RD needs! ha!

    I love your hair and think the highlights and layers look fabulous. I actually just had a nightmare about getting a haircut..how ironic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like my kind of cake! That is so cool that they did that for you. You're hair looks very pretty! Happy Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah I've done extreme ;) It was fun back in college, lol, I've had most every color and started out with waist length (as a teen) to a 1" crop w/bangs... now it's back to long w/long layers and mostly my natural blonde lol.

    YOUR hair is gorgeous! Love it :) AND, speaking of Miso Mayo... I got to make a WholeFoods trip yesterday (ACK FUN!) and was picking up some vegenaise, which sits next to the MisoMayo and I thought of you! Still didn't grab it to try though lol! I have a recipe for a homemade misomayo I'm gonna try first :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Missin your posts - hope all is well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    Vincent
    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete