Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Back with a Salad & I almost Got KILLED LAST NIGHT

So...before I bore you with all the details of my life, I'm gonna captivate you with an AMAZING recipe! I don't know what the real name of the Salad is but I named it after the friend who introduced me to it. The original is made with real mayo & refined sugar. I tweeked it a little.

















"SABRINA SALAD"






*Carrots (2 sliced thin) *Lettuce (Shredded)



*Cauliflower (Cut bite sized) *Dried Cranberries



*Pecans (Crushed) *Peas (I used canned cause that's all I had)



*Vegenaise (About 1/2 - 1 cup)



*Agave (1-2 tbsp)



*Croutons (I like to make mine out of g-free bread but I had some that needed to be eaten.)










(I didn't get exact measurememts so you're outta luck if you're a stickler for stuff like that. :)


Dressing:
Mix Vegenaise and agave in small bowl till smoothly blended. You can also add your favorite seasoning to spice it up!

Smooth over the top and serve. So GOOD!!!! And almost Completely RAW!!



















.........................................................................................................................................................................

I'm not going to give any lame excuses for my absence... Basically I've just been a bad blogger, FOR THE LAST 7 MONTHS!!!



At one point, I WAS working on a new blog with a new name because I was worried that "The Veggie Side" was too centered around food and I wanted to write about so much more. But...after MANY (and by many I mean 4 or 5) people's requests, "The Veggie Side" STAYS! YAY!!!


So I'll just jump right back into the blogging world by listing some of the exciting stuff that's been going on in my life.




*Running-The last time I posted about running I was very new at it and training for my first race. I'm proud to say that I'm now obsessed! I even signed up and trained for a triatholon this summer! But before that makes me sound way too awsome, I have to admit that I never actually participated in the TRI...It was canceled because of Tropical Storm Lee. (Not that big of a let down cause I'm a terrible swimmer.) There are two races coming up this month that I'm planning on doing, one's a 5K and the other a Dualathon.


*Biking-Because of the TRI, there had to be a LOT of biking over the summer so now I'm a "Biker". I LOVE it!!! And my neighborhood is perfect for it. Since I started training almost everyday, the neighbors are even joining in! The bad part is that I'm clumsy and with all the traffic, someone is bound to get hurt (ran down) by my "Ultimate Biking Skills" sooner or later.


*Family-My Hubby & Kya are great!!! A river runs by the back of our property, so at the beginning of the Summer we went Kayaking every weekend. That ended as soon as the Louisiana heat set in. I'm SO glad the weather should start cooling off cause we can spend more family time outdoors. One of our favorite things to do is spend the weekend in New Orleans. We hang out around the French Market shopping, the River Walk drinking coffee, the aquarium, and take the to trolly the zoo. So fun!


*Food-Ok, so here's the BIG ONE! I've been a very bad girl... Sugar and Gluten made there way back into my life over the last few months. They are VERY clever & attractive...I should have had more will power but I did not! All the pain, inflammation and other problems from before were back :-( The good news is, everything is back in order as of this week! It's all Veggies & Yumminess from now on!


__________________________________________________________________




Last nights running/biking expirence was the MOST EVENTFULL excersice I've EVER had!!!!


First, I get home and my lights are turned off!!! Thank goodness it's cool today or my dog(1st child) Molly might have had a stroke! Apparently, when I hit the send button for my light bill (I pay it from my phone) it never went through. So I pay the bill and get on my bike to start riding before dark. The whole time I'm praying that they'll come fix it tonight so that I don't have to worry about Molly or my groceries. Well, a few minutes later the Electric truck pulls into my driveway. Worried that I might know him and he'll think I'm an idiot for not paying the bill, I circle the street, driving back and forth in front of my own house. At some piont my Hubby and Kya come outside to talk to the guy. I try to drive by unnoticed when Kya yells "Hey Mommy, the lights are on!" I ignore her, look around like I'm wondering who she's talking to, and race off as fast as I possibly can.



The next Event happened after I ditched the bike to Jog. My sis was jogging with me and Mom was on her bike following behind. We pass by this house that has a tiny dog that always chaces us and barks. He's harmless. Well, the same house also has two large dogs fenced in the back yard. They were NOT fenced today!!! First the tiny dog starts running after us and barking. Then, I hear a very loud bark/growl and think to myself, "this is gonna be bad".
If you were a watching neighbor you would've seen this...Me leading the pack and completely freaking out, hollering "DON'T LOOK AT THEM, DON"T LOOK INTO THERE EYES!" as if they're gonna shoot rays outta them like some Sci-Fi Alien...My sis running right behind & obviously not listening to me as she slows down & yells in the dog's face!...Mom on the bike behind her also screaming at the dogs... A tiny dog...a PIT BULL...& at the back of the line, a ROTTWEILER! I kept thinking to myself "Someone's about to lose a leg"!

We excaped unharmed...



___________________________________________________________________

Now that Ive shared my humiliating evening with you, it's time for me to ask some questions.



*Have YOU ever been chaced by a HUGE animal?




*Do you Kayak?




*Do you ever desert you blog for long periods of time?




*Have you ever been to New Orleans?

No comments:

Post a Comment