Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

I've been away from the computer for a few days. I wouldn't have had much to write Thursday or Saturday bc I worked both days. Friday was my grocery day. I Love Grocery Day! :-) Kya and I went to The Fresh Market, then had lunch at Coffee Rainy. It was SO GOOD! We had a Veggie Sandwich and a Spinach Salad with raisins, grapes, apple, and dried banana.





I gave in and let Kya have a gummy before the food came. I made her a tiny bag of them at the Fresh Market. (Mommy had one too. Shhhh. ;-)


Yummm...I loved the dried bananas! I might have to start adding some to my salads.



Friday night, we went to dinner with our friends Carlos and Jenn. I ordered the grilled veggie salad. This thing was HUGE!!! It was loaded with squash, zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, red peppers and onions over a bed of Romain lettuce. I also had the crab and artichoke soup ,which is not Vegan! Oh, and Sunday I had eggs. Oops! Other than those two things I think I did great for my first week. Sooo....

I'm going to give it another week! I really enjoyed all the veggies last week and felt great! The only problem I had was that by Friday I started to feel really weak. So I have a few adjustments I'll have to make this week. First, I need to consume more calories. Second, I need more protein. And third, I have to get more exercise. I haven't exercised regularly for a couple weeks and I can feel it.

I saved a LOT on groceries this week! I'm pretty sure it's from not purchasing any meat. I have a few other veggies in the fridge, but we will probably eat every bit of this by Friday. Especially the nanners! :-)



Some nights I just have to have this little non dairy friend of mine. (In addition to my banana.)

No comments:

Post a Comment