Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

30 Days of Raw Food

Here I go again. I know, I know, "Will it ever end"? The answer...No. I don't believe in fad dieting. I adopted my eating habits because I was having some serious health problems. I went from a typical "American" diet of processed and fast foods to eating organic, then a gluten free, dairy free, meat free, and eventually ended up eating a Vegan (no processed foods all organic) diet. I felt AMAZING living this way. Over the past few months (though I wasn't eating meat) I've been eating a lot of sugar, gluten and dairy. This past week I was miserable! I actually had a moment when I thought I would pass out from the pain. I also couldn't sleep (mainly from the inflammation and pain in my back). So this isn't me going on a "Fad Diet", this is my journey to finding the healthiest way of life. I don't want to just feel "better"...I want to feel GREAT! I want to have lots of energy, no pain, and enjoy this life I've been so blessed with.

Why Raw? It's the healthiest way to eat. Raw veggies are loaded with Phytonutrients, Vitamins, Minerals & Enzymes. Your body needs very little energy to digest food that is uncooked. This means you will have more energy throughout the day. Other benefits of a Raw Food diet it that it helps keep our bodies from becoming too acidic (a cause of many chronic diseases), it aids digestion, and causes you to look and feel younger! (There many more benefits but I'm trying to keep this short.)

I'm not going 100% Raw. More like 98%. I might have a piece of sprouted bread or a whole wheat pizza crust once in a while. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment