Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

DAY 1...30 Days of Raw Food

I started the day off by grocery shopping. I should have done that this weekend but this was very last minute. So now my kitchen (and my moms cause she has the juicer. Ha) is loaded with fresh fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, and other raw goodies.

I'm actually gonna have to step it up some because I was so busy preparing food and reading my new cook book that I didn't eat enough.

Raw Food Journal (DAY 1)

Breakfast...
1 banana

Lunch...
(I actually forgot to eat lunch bc I was grocery shopping and cooking all day) Shame on me.

Snack...
Juiced carrots and apple

Dinner...
Raw Zucchini Bread
Raw Sun Burger (from the book "Ani's Raw Food Kitchen")

Snack...
Raw hot cocoa


Sun Burgers (Dehydrated raw peppers, onions, celery, flax meal and a few other ingredients.) They were pretty similar to a prepackaged veggie burger accept for the fack that the texture was weird. I actually put mine in the skillet with a little olive oil to firm them. Onced dressed they were pretty good.


Raw Chocolate chip cookies...these were surprisingly yummy! I made them with flax meal, almond meal, agave and dark chocolate chips. (I didn't get a chance to go to Whole Foods or I would have used organic unsweetened dark chocolate.) I added raisins to half the batch which was great since their consistency is similar to oatmeal cookies.


No comments:

Post a Comment