Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Spinach & Artichoke Sliders

Just in time for all the Christmas gatherings, these are great appetizers for parties. I'm a spinach & artichoke dip freak and have been wanting to work on a Vegan variation for awhile. So...here they finally are!

Julia's "Spinach & Artichoke Sliders"





These Sliders are Vegan and delicious! They look like tiny little burger buns. So cute!



1 package Vegan sliders
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion (diced)
1 package frozen spinach (thawed)
1 8oz container artichoke hearts (drained)
1 package Vegan cream "cheese"
2 tbsp nutritional yeast


Preheat oven to 400.


In medium sauce pan, heat olive oil on medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender. Stir in cream "cheese" until melted. Add spinach, artichoke, and nutritional yeast. Stir until well blended and heated through. Remove from heat.

Place sliders on baking sheet. (I put a tiny dab of Vegan butter on each peice...optional.) Scoop one heaping spoonful of spinach mixture onto each slider. Bake 15-20 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Eat up!

(Cut the recipe to make a family or single sized serving.)



I also made this... for all you oat lovers out there...you know who you are.

They started out in a bowl...

Then my creative side came out and they ended up on a banana! I LOVE NANERS!!!


Lets just call it..."Chocolate PB Oats on a Naner".

1/2 c oats
water (to desired thickness, I like'm thick!)
raisins
scoop of chocolate PB
chocolate pieces
raspberries
1 banana

They were Yum, Yum, Yummy!



I actually made this at work. I think I'm finally getting over my fear of public "photo shooting" since my Last Experience.


Anyone have a favorite oat recipe? Or maybe another appetizer idea for the Holidays? I love to try new recipes!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks! I'll be glad to add my site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.M.G. I can seriously say that spinach artichoke dip is one of the things i DO 'miss' since having gone vegan. Wow, this whole post looks so tasty! You do like to top bananas don't you? :) I must try the artie-dip, thanks for the idea! And so simple too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks delicious!I came across your site from the foodieblogroll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this spinach widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about recipes with spinach,Thanks!

    ReplyDelete