Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

"Fried Pickles & a Hair Cut"





How do they go together?
Well, they don't...I just thought the title sounded neat. First here's the pickle...
I was basically sulking around the house the other night because I was hungry and wanted SOMETHING but didn't know what...
The genius idea came to me after standing in front of the open fridge for 10 min, I spotted two things...the pickle jar & some G-free pancake batter.
I don't know if Fried Pickles are a southern thing, we have a lot of "different" ways to cook food here in Louisiana & I could have put something way stranger together. Believe me...
Only really cool people cook with towels on their heads.
(The dog in the corner always watches me while I cook.)
"G-Free Fried Pickles"
Ingredients:
*G-Free Pancake Mix
*Almond Milk
*Sliced Dill Pickles
*EVOO
(This pic is terrible but it's all I got people.)
This is so simple people...You just mix the pancake mix, almond milk & a splash of EVOO till blended. Don't make it too think unless you want a lot of batter on each piece. Toss a bunch of pickle slices into the bowl and make sure they are well covered with the mix. In a skillet, pour just enough EVOO to cover the bottom of the pan. Place the battered pickle slices in the pan till the bottom is covered with a layer of them. Flip when golden brown. Place pickles on a stack of napkins to let some of the oil drain. EAT THEM!
I put a little Celtic salt on top, got in bed with a book, and had a very happy evening!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I DID IT! I CHOPPED IT ALL OFF!!!!
Short.....
(This is my "day-dreaming" face...this is probably my expression most of the time.)
And even shorter........
Kya said this is my "Normal Face". Hmmm...maybe I need to start paying attention to what my face is doing.
And...there it is...
............................................................................................................
I BEAT MY RECORD!!!!!!
Last night me and Sis went Biking/Running. The farthest I've run without breaks is about 3 miles. After a quick 5 mile bike, we ran 3.5 miles straight! (Not very far if you're an amazing runner but AWSOME for me!)
What really impresses me is my Sis! She JUST started running with me and has maybe run a total of 5 times so far. It took me MONTHS to build up to where I'm at now.
Thanks for making me feel weak Sis.
Here we are...I LOVE our road! Everybody has horses & pretty fields, so we get a great view!
I was trying to get us both in the pic but just got my eye and Sis in the background.
(She thought I was still right behind her.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So what about you?
What's the strangest Fried Food you've ever tried?
Mine is fried oreos. It's just not right.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea, fried gluten free pickles! I used to work at a restaurant where fried pickles was the most popular appetizer (we used the long spears), but the strangest fried food I've tried is a fried snicker (way too sweet, served with ice cream, whipped cream and chocolate sauce...). At our state fair this year we had fried butter (no I did not try this, weird).

    ReplyDelete